Pastor of Congregational Life (PCL)
The PCL is responsible for the adult ministries at EverGreen that help people grow in their faith and care for one another. She/he will provide leadership and equip those involved in these ministry areas. Along with the Pastoral Care Elders she/he will also provide pastoral care to people at EverGreen and in the broader community.
- Reports to: Lead Pastor
- Hours: Fulltime
A little about us…
At EverGreen, we are committed to creating a vibrant community of passionate followers of Jesus who live for his renown.
With the value of innovation and an outward focus, we work to bring hope to a broken and needy world, to accept one another as Christ accepted us, and disciple people through worship, story, and community.
Pastor Of Congregational Life
1. Develop and mobilize systems of discipleship that intentionally move people into next steps of following Jesus
- Lead systems of small groups, gatherings and villages
- Take point in planning year of “gathering” groups.
- Assist pastoral care elders in creating “villages”.
- Assure spiritual growth check-ins with members each year
- Develop a gift based ministry
- Develop a ministry of prayer
- Develop and mobilize systems of care that incorporate both ordained elders and non-ordained members.
- Perform duties in keeping with care such as weddings, funerals, and hospital visits according to EverGreen’s vision for pastoral care
- Be part of hospitality/assimilation team.
- Provide leadership for Pastoral Care Elders and Deacons.
4. Create job descriptions for direct reports and teams overseen. These job descriptions are to be approved by lead pastor.
5. Create systems of metrics and baselines for evaluation to determine effectiveness of the Congregational Life in both discipleship and care.
6. Work collaboratively with supervisors, peers,and voluteers to pursue EverGreens vision and core values.
7. Preach at services as requested by lead pastor. This preaching will ordinarily not exceed 12 services a year.
8. Spiritual Formation and Prayer
- Will spend regular times in prayer for the needs of those involved in the leadership of the ministries she/he oversees.
- Will attend to her/his own spiritual formation for the good of those under his care.
- Will work to develop and build her/his spiritual gifts for the good of the congregation.
1. Small Group Coaches
2. Pastoral Care Elders and Deacons
3. Administrators for Pastoral Care
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Ordained as pastor in CRC or as commissioned pastor
- Commitment to Jesus Christ, and be a person of exemplary Christian character, a person of prayer who practices the spiritual disciplines.
- Experienced Christian leader in pastoral care and discipleship
- Has demonstrated skills in casting vision for the mission and thinking strategically about church ministry
- Proven ability to empower others to carry out responsibilities.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Proven ability handling a budget of less than 100,000 a year.
- Able to travel as necessary.
Education and Experience
1. Master of Divinity
2. Minimum of 3-5 years leadership in a large church.
Sound like you?
Email Adam Locker, the Director of Operations & Worship with your resume, cover letter, and any questions. Adam@egm.org