Director of Hospitality and Outreach (DHO)
The DHO is responsible for creating an atmosphere of joyful hospitality first for all guests and second for church members. He/she will assure that people are graciously brought along the path of becoming assimilated into the EverGreen Family. He/she will also be the point person for developing and empowering outreach at EverGreen.
- Reports to: Director of Operations
- Hours: Fulltime
A little about us…
At EverGreen, we are committed to creating a vibrant community of passionate followers of Jesus who live for his renown.
With the value of innovation and an outward focus, we work to bring hope to a broken and needy world, to accept one another as Christ accepted us, and disciple people through worship, story, and community.
Director of Hospitality and Outreach
1. Develop and mobilize systems of Hospitality and Assimilation that turn guests into attenders and attenders into members of the EverGreen Family.
- Assure Sunday morning hospitality is warm and welcoming.
- Build systems and manage volunteers in the areas of hospitality and assimilation to meet Evergreen’s goal of joyful and warm hospitality and assimilation.
- Develop new ways of showing hospitality to the community outside of EverGreen during the week.
- Work with Small Group leadership to assure coordination of efforts.
- Fulfill the teaching of the Evergreen 101 class as needed.
- Assure robust outreach through the EverGreen Congregation.
- Discover and then empower members of the congregation to be involved in their communities and the lives of their neighbors.
- Build partnerships with organizations that we can serve and that can serve EverGreen by providing pathways to ministry involvement.
- Assist people in learning how to share the gospel.
- Create a yearly outreach calendar in collaboration with the Leadership Team.
- Create systems of metrics and baselines for evaluation to determine effectiveness of our work in hospitality, assimilation and outreach.
- Work collaboratively with supervisors, peers, and volunteers to pursue EverGreens vision and core values.
- Spiritual Formation and Prayer
- Will spend regular times in prayer for the needs of those involved in the leadership of the ministries he/she oversees.
- Will attend to his/her own spiritual formation for the good of those under his/her care.
- Will work to develop and build his/her spiritual gifts for the good of the congregation.
1. Kids Hope Director
2. Administrative Assistant
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Ability to organize and implement systems of hospitality and assimilation.
- Commitment to Jesus Christ, and be a person of exemplary Christian character, a person of prayer who practices the spiritual disciplines.
- Ability to manage people and events both on going and one time events.
- Has demonstrated skills in casting vision for the mission and thinking strategically about church ministry.
- Proven ability to empower others to carry out responsibilities.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Proven ability handling a budget of less than $50,000 a year.
- Able to travel as necessary.
Education and Experience
1. B.A. with a preference for studies in the Hospitality Industry
2. Proven ability to lead and manage people and event
3. Preference for 3-5 years of experience in a large church or organization
4. A love and connection with those who are outside the church
Sound like you?
Email Adam Locker, the Director of Operations & Worship with your resume, cover letter, and any questions. Adam@egm.org